A newly created opportunity has arisen to join a market leading organisation based in Bordon, Hampshire as an Accounts Assistant.
Reference no: HT12657
Accounts Assistant - About The Role
Working in the European Head Office for a market leading organisation based in Bordon, Hampshire. The company has recently doubled its UK operation by acquiring a main competitor, this growth has brought about this newly created role of Accounts Assistant. The organisation are looking to bring someone on board who is looking to further their experience of working within a finance team, by picking up/continuing an accountancy qualification through to completion, supported by the organisation.
As the Accounts Assistant you will report directly into the Financial Controller, sitting within a finance team of 6. Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Finance team with a varied range of tasks
- Assisting with the preparation of month end accounts and reports
- Balance sheet reconciliations and Income statement cost analysis
- Preparing and analysing management information reports
- Assisting with Purchase Ledger processes and payments
- Assisting with the company expenses process
- Cash Book - Bank reconciliations
- Calculating Customer rebates
- Fixed Assets
- Product costing
- Assisting with Payroll
- Intrastat & EC sales list submissions
- Ensuring that input of data to supporting ledgers is accurate and up-to-date
- Ensuring that internal control procedures are being adhered to
The successful Accounts Assistant will have:
- Currently studying ACCA or CIMA, or AAT with an aim to pursue CIMA or ACCA
- Experience in an accounts department
- An understanding of double entry book-keeping and the underlying principles of UK GAAP
- Willing to learn and develop, career focussed
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to learn new IT applications ie. ERP software
- Experience of using Sage Payroll is advantageous but not essential
- Must be organised and able to prioritise workload
- The ability to work under own initiative and to tight deadlines
Accounts Assistant - Benefits
- Salary circa £20,000-£26,000pa
- 28 Days annual holiday (Including Bank holiday)
- 1.30pm finish on Fridays
- Study support
- Free parking
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'