Varied role in finance within a growing retail orientated business with a c£15m T/O. My client is looking for a progressive and flexible individual who will enjoy developing their career as the business scales. Study support will be offered for the right person.
This is a key role that will provide support to all areas within the finance team. Creating capacity within the team will help ensure that we continue to challenge and drive forward the business.
Whilst the main responsibilities of this role are related to the daily finance activities there could be an opportunity to support other finance activities.
- Posting of bank entries (receipts and payments) and completion of bank reconciliations
- Management of finance e-mail in-boxes ensuring where required responses are provided either directly or by ensuring action is taken by other members of staff
- Posting of supplier invoices completing 3 way matching process (invoice, good receipt and PO)
- Manage the credit control activities (including issue of statements, support with queries etc) for our US based company
- Assist the Credit Controller with the issue of statements and credit control letters in agreed timings for other Group companies
- Assist with credit assessment of new customers as necessary
- Taking credit card payments
- Raising of PO’s for overheads
- Assist with the issuing of daily, weekly and monthly business KPI’s
- Assist with the month end processes (journals, balance sheet recsetc)
- Work with all areas of the business helping to ensure best practice is being followed.
- Anything else within reason requested by the Head of Finance
- The key requirement is for recent experience in accounting/finance environment:
- Good numeracy skills. High attention to detail with accurate record keeping
- Good communication skills, able to build positive relationships both internally and externally
- Well organised and able to multi-task
- Ability to hold yourself and others accountable
- Intermediate Excel skills (formulas, pivots etc)
To apply please email in your CV with a short covering note to support your application also including details of your current salary, notice period and reason for leaving your last or current role please.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. If you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'