As part of our growth plans, there is an exciting opportunity for a flexible and resourceful individual to join the team and assist the financial controller in the provision of finance within the business.
This is a varied and interesting role that will allow the post holder to exercise the highest levels of attention to detail in a fast-paced, friendly and supportive working environment.
Flexible up to 25 hours per week -You may be required to work additional hours around month-end and year-end.
The accounts assistant’s responsibilities may include:
- Coding and processing all purchase invoices and credits
- Maintaining records by storing e-invoices and scanning and filing hard copy documents
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Processing expenses and petty cash
- Processing of credit card expenditure
- Review of the creditors ledger
- Preparation of monthly supplier payments
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Managing supplier queries in a timely manner
- Actively chasing due or aged invoices
- Managing customer queries in a timely manner
- Assisting with general administrative tasks for the team
- Minimum of 2 years’ recent experience in a similar role
- Highly computer literate, with experience in developing and amending complex Excel documents
- An experienced user of finance systems including Sage & Xero
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent numerical, written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation and the ability to build professional relationships quickly
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy
- Positive attitude and personable approach, works well within a team
- Ability to take responsibility for actions taken
- Conscientious approach to work is key to this role.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV and covering letter with details of your current salary quoting the reference ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT.
Closing date for applications is 31 January 2019.
First interviews will take place at our offices in Aztec West in Bristol on Thursday 7 February; all candidates will be asked to take a technical test, which should last no more than 60 minutes. Second interviews will be held on Wednesday 13 February.
Carterwood is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality or sexual orientation. All applications for employment will be considered on the basis of merit.
This job description should not be taken as constituting conditions of employment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'