Job Title:Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Assistant Management Accountant
This is a part time role (22.5 hours per week) which could be spread over 3, 4 or 5 days to suit the successful applicant. You will work alongside our existing Accounts Assistant as part of a wider team delivering high standards of financial administration and support to the Trust. The role involves processing sales, purchases, bank and cash transactions. The post holder will also be responsible for maintaining the Trust’s asset inventory and assisting the Business Services Team with a range of other tasks as appropriate.
To be part of a team delivering high standards of financial administration and support to the Trust. To process sales, purchases, bank and cash transactions. To maintain the Trust’s asset inventory and to assist the Business Services Team with a range of other tasks as appropriate.
- To process all entries onto the purchase ledger, ensuring that all supplier purchase orders and invoices are properly authorised and processed in accordance with the Trust’s Financial Regulations.
- To maintain and update the schedule of long-term purchase orders.
- To prepare supplier invoices for payment in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with the Business Services team’s schedule of monthly accounting routines.
- To process staff personal expenses for reimbursement.
- To maintain and control petty cash using the imprest system.
- To assist with various reconciliation tasks, including but not limited to charge card reconciliations.
- To process all entries onto the sales ledger, raising sales invoices and credit notes promptly and accurately and in accordance with the Trust’s Financial Regulations and the Business Services team’s schedule of monthly accounting routines.
- To assist the Assistant Management Accountant in reconciling the sales ledger and purchase ledger control accounts.
- To maintain cash floats at various locations in the park and ensure they are reimbursed and reconciled weekly.
- To assist with the collection and reconciliation of takings ensuring all sums are reconciled with any discrepancies investigated.
- To maintain and update the Trust’s asset inventory.
- To assist the Business Services Team with a range of other tasks as appropriate.
- To undertake any other assignments for the Assistant Management Accountant and Director of Business Services as required.
Requirements - experience:
- Experience of purchases, sales and bank and cash transactions.
- Experience of working in a busy accounts office.
- Experience of cash handling
- Excellent IT skills in Excel, Outlook and internet.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Sound experience of dealing with members of the public and handling potentially difficult situations.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills - effective in a variety of settings and with a wide range of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to act with tact and discretion and to handle external enquiries from senior people.
- Demonstrably accurate, methodical and organised ways of working.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work routinely to deadlines.
Requirements - qualifications
- General education to minimum GCSE standard (Grade C or above) including Maths and English Language.
Requirements - personal characteristics
- A positive welcoming manner
- A positive 'cando', pragmatic approach
- An excellent approach to customer service
- Ability to respond to challenging priorities
- Ability to work as an effective and fully contributing member of a busy team
- An ability to work alone, use own initiative and be self-disciplined
- Working knowledge of health and safety issues within an office environment
- Be committed to continuous professional development
Applications must be sent by email. For further information and to download an application pack please see our website.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Monday 4th February
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'