Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 Basic Per Annum Depending On Qualifications and Experience
Our client is a privately-owned property agency based in London. An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to support our clients growing Accounts team.
My client are a firm of Chartered Accountants based in Ringwood Dorset. The company has 2 Directors and 5 staff. My client are an expanding firm and are currently operating out of two offices. In London they have 8 staff.
They provide a full range of professional services across the two offices, to a wide variety of clients based mainly around London, Hampshire and Dorset, but also nationally and internationally. Their clients vary from medium sized private companies, professional partnerships, smaller family businesses and sole traders.
The services they provide include auditing, accounting, corporate taxation, personal taxation, payroll, company secretarial and strategic planning and business forecasting. Part of our accounting service is to provide an outsourced bookkeeping solution for firms needing support. We also offer corporate finance advice on areas from start-ups, flotations, management buyouts, refinancing and selling businesses, which the firm has been involved in.
- The processing and write-up of client’s bank statements and records
- Working on VAT clients and preparing their quarterly VAT returns
- Preparing monthly payrolls for clients
- Dealing with clients company secretarial requests and online submissions to Companies House if required; and
- Assisting with a varied range of services on an ad hoc basis within the team as and when required, such as assisting with audit work.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be conversant in Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Must have a thorough understanding and practical experience in double-entry bookkeeping;
- Should have an excellent working knowledge of VAT;
- Former background of company secretarial duties would be useful; and
- Previous practice experience of at least 12 months is essential for this role.
This vacancy is being managed by Chen Chin at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is Employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you can follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd
Specialists in Estate Agents / Estate Agency Recruitment - Sales Negotiators, Lettings Negotiators, Property Managers, Surveyors, Lettings Managers, Sales Managers, Branch Managers
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"