Benefit Cosmetics UK – Accounts Assistant
Report and forecast the Balance Sheet and Cashflow statement. Assist with the management of the internal control environment. Take responsibility for Banking and Treasury Management. Manage all aspects of Fixed Asset processing and reporting. Control and maintain the General Ledger to ensure the accuracy of data. ?
- Assist the Financial Accountant with preparing the year- end financial statements.
- Compile documents for year-end audit and liaise with auditors during their visit.
- Provide tax consultants with information required to complete tax returns.
- Manage corporation tax payments on account.
- Prepare VAT and Intrastat returns for submission.
- Submit the balance sheet and supporting schedules to our parent company via the group reporting package on a quarterly basis.
- Provide commentary on variances verses prior year and budget.
- Forecast and report the balance sheet as part of the budget process.
- Assist with the management of the internal control environment.
- Periodically review the results of internal audits, and provide recommendations to management.
- Assist with the review of the results of boutique audit checklists, highlighting higher-risk areas and necessary follow up actions.
- Maintain the fixed asset register. Run depreciation, dispose of assets and reconcile the register to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Ensure fixed assets are capitalised in a timely manner.
- Consolidate budgeted CAPEX and forecast associated depreciation charges.
- Maintain CAPEX tracker and analyse actual expenditure verses budget.
Banking & Treasury Management
- Report cash balances and monthly flow analysis via the group reporting tool.
- Prepare monthly cash-flow forecasts.
- Reconcile bank accounts in both Sterling and Euros.
- Monitor cash pooling accounts.
- Maintain the banking systems in accordance with the authorised mandate.
- Keep procedures up to date and ensure they are complied with.
General Ledger Control
- Review and post journals provided by Accounting and Finance.
- Complete allocated balance sheet reconciliations at month end.
- Collate and review all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with adhoc projects as required in the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable areas.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts.
- Experience of VAT returns and knowledge of Intrastat.
- Fixed Asset Management and variance analysis experience.
- Part qualified ACA/ ACCA.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strategic Agility – an understanding of how processes affect all team members and the foresight to see how new issues will affect reporting requirements.
- Drive for Results – the determination, focus and persistence to investigate and satisfactorily resolve all discrepancies. The focus to complete all tasks in line with company deadlines.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – the ability to cope effectively with a dynamic and evolving environment and deal with last minute requests.
Customer focus – to respond to requests for information in a timely manner providing clear and concise information in a user friendly format.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job