Purpose of Role
To process income and expenditure on a timely and accurate basis in the three group companies and to provide general support to the finance department.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Hours of Work: 9.15am - 5.15pm (35 hours pw)
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Salary: £23,000-£25,000pa depending on skills and experience
- Process all Purchase Orders raised by Departments through the electronic authorisation system.
- Match supplier invoices to POs and process for payment ensuring they have been appropriately authorised.
- Process expense forms and other requests for payments, ensuring that data is accurate and coding is correct.
- Process BACS, payment runs and raise cheques and foreign transfers as necessary.
- Support budget holders with any queries, in particular with entering purchase orders and follow up supplier payment.
- Review unapproved invoices and unmatched POs periodically, and ensure that these are dealt with.
- Process credit card expenditure and reconcile to the month card statement. Chase payments where no invoice has been authorised & posted. Review card statement daily.
- Review supplier statements and answer queries from suppliers.
- Manage petty cash directly ensuring that procedures are followed.
- Reconcile income and expenditure figures to the bank statements on a daily basis and post additional transactions where necessary.
- Be the first port of call for users of the finance function and provide support as necessary.
- Ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the Finance Team in any other finance related worked required
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 1.5-3 years accounts experience in sales and purchase ledger areas in a medium-sized commercial environment
- Quick and accurate in processing transactions
- Experience of working with purchase orders
- Experience of bank reconciliations
- Accounts qualification (AAT, ACCA)
- Knowledge and experience of interfacing with other database systems and reconciling information to financial information
- Experience of using Exchequer accounts
Abilities and Skills
- Good oral & written communications skills with suppliers (E)
- Excellent Excel skills (e.g. vlookup, sort, filter) (D)
- Ability to process transactions right first time - good attention to detail (E)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, good time management and self-starter (E)
- Able to work in a changing cashflow environment and answer supplier payment queries in a polite and professional manner without compromising on integrity.(E)
- Good reconciliation skills (D)
- High level of commitment and dedication.
- Committed to continuous professional development
- An eagerness to make a positive contribution and instigate changes and improvement to the status quo
- Flexible attitude to work and a team
- Comfortable working in a diverse workplace.
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Purchase Orders
- Invoice Processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job