Change are working with our city centre based client to recruit an accounts assistant to their growing department. Initially on a temporary basis with the view to moving permanent, applicants for this role will get the chance to work in a fast paced team with interaction across a wider finance function. The core of the role will be to take a lead on balance sheet and bank reconciliations to investigate discrepancies as they arise. Applicants will be confident using a variety of bank account systems to download statements prior to investigation. Key duties of the role include;
- Working within a wider team to review and download transactions from multiple source bank accounts
- Extraction of information and performing reconciliations to the general ledger and balance sheet
- Investigating discrepancies in reconciliations with wider finance teams and departments
- Posting of journal entries with supporting notes
- Strong communication skills and confident working with Excel
Applicants for this role will be able to demonstrate reconciliations experience as well as the flow of financial information through the balance sheet. Use of online bank systems is also essential and the ability to communicate with stakeholders across various areas of finance and operations in the business. Confidence to engage with others to proactively resolve queries and questions is expected by the business as a minimum.
In return the successful applicant will get the chance to work with one of Edinburgh leading employers with the view to securing a permanent post in the business as well as a large level of autonomy in your work.
Hourly Rate: £12.00 - £18.00p/h
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job