Our client is a leading legal firm, they have an excellent reputation and are a stable employer, offering great working conditions. They have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join their established team. You will have the support of the leadership team and the opportunity to work in a thriving environment.
Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their Finance Department. The successful candidate will be working in a team of 17 based in the Newcastle under Lyme office.
The successful candidate will be involved in various accounting tasks including:
- Processing of cheque payments and receipts
- Allocating payments to ledgers
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Taking credit card payments over the phone from clients
- Dealing with internal accounts queries from Fee Earners
- Checking and verifying bank payments
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts
- General administrative tasks and queries within the Accounts Team
- Previous experience in an accounts role
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- To work as a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work on your initiative
- Strong administration skills
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Clerk, Accounts Clerk, Finance Administrator, Legal Cashier.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm (40 hours per week - can go down to 37.5 hours per week for the right person)
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job