Your new role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a fantastic business in the County Durham area as an Accounts Assistant. Reporting into the Financial Controller, the role of the Accounts Assistant will be varied and will allow the successful candidate to gain exposure to transactional duties, as well as supporting with payroll, balance sheet reconciliations and costings. Due to the location being in the County Durham area, you will need access to your own transport.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing all the accounts payable/purchase ledger function from start to finish.
- Being responsible for the accounts receivable/ sales ledger function.
- Submitting the monthly payroll.
- Submitting the monthly VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales submissions.
- Controlling and managing cash, including payments, reconciling receipts and forecasts.
- Annual ad-hoc support for the Audit.
- Annual ad-hoc payroll submissions, such as P11D's.
- Cost tracking including site costs and freight.
- Balance sheet reconciliations for payroll, cash and VAT.
- Use of an ERP system and Advanced Excel.
As the ideal candidate, you will be:
- Educated to at least GCSE level, obtaining an A-C in Maths, English and Science.
- Studying towards level 3/4 AAT or AAT qualified.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of working within accounts.
- Comfortable using Excel - up to Pivot/look-Up standard.
- Experienced in using an ERP system and ideally have previous manufacturing experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job