My client is a small and reputable business within the manufacturing industry, with their premises based in the LE4, North Leicester Area.
Due to expansion they now have a challenging and varied opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant / Purchase Ledger Controller to join the team.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the successful candidate should be used to working in a fast-paced environment and will assist with:
- Purchase Ledger administration, logging timely and accurately Purchase Ledger invoices
- Resolving supplier queries and requesting credit notes
- Responsible for producing supplier statement reconciliations
- Processing credit card payments
- Responsible for statutory returns (Intra Stat / EC Sales)
- Liaising with the Purchasing and other departments to ensure guidelines are adhered to
- Assisting in sales ledger as and when required
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Skills, Competencies & Qualifications:
- Experience of working in a similar role is essential
- Sage 200 experience preferable, but not essential
- An ability to solve problems using a logical approach is essential
- A conscientious worker who prides themselves on attention to detail
- Confident communicator with financial and non-financial staff
- A team player within a busy accounts environment, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent administrative and computer skills - Word, Excel and Email
In return, this position offers long term scope for development, with study towards AAT, ACCA, CIMA being given, along with a competitive basic salary of up to £23,000.
- Accounts Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job