Accounts Assistant required to join a large Civil Engineering contractor to be based on site in East London on a temp to perm basis! You will be working very closely within the commercial and payroll/finance team as well as the Finance Manager
This is an opportunity to grow and develop in a large team to work on one of the largest civil engineering projects in the UK!
- Be apart of an award winning team with years of experience
- A chance to really expand and grow to develop your skills within construction
Rate: £11-£14ph PAYE
Hours: 9am to 5:30pm
Role and Responsibilities
- Review old GRN's and clear any that are no longer required
- Process invoices for payment
- Check and process Subcontractor Payment Certificates for payment
- Review and set up new subcontractor orders
- Clear backlog of outstanding invoices
- Matching & batching 100 invoices per day and inputing
- Action any queries from either external or internal customers
- Liaising with project team with delivery tickets each day for 3 way GRN process
- Perform supplier statement reconciliations & resolve reconciling items
- Investigate & resolve any unpaid balances
- Obtain Payment Authorisation
- Checking NET, VAT, Gross amounts against every PO to invoice
- Scan received invoices & contracts onto the system
- Any other ad hoc duties as required to support departmental objectives
- Provide help or assistance when required by work colleagues.
- Previous experience working in a similar industry - rail, civil engineering, construction
- Experience working in the commercial sector - commercialadministration, assistant / junior QS level
- Be technically strong and efficient user of Microsoft Office Packages inc Excel
- Good attention to detail
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job