We are working with a highly successful family owned business who is requiring an experienced Purchase Ledger clerk for a maternity cover for 6 months.
- Matching supplier delivery notes with invoices to ensure accuracy
- Liaise with suppliers and order holder with any discrepancies and disputes
- Inform supervisor any discrepancies and disputes
- Submit checked invoices for authorisation prior to posting and payment
- Post all transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Arrange and submit supplier payments by BACS/Chq or Bank Trf
- Daily reconciliation of the bankbook with statements
- Manage petty cash payments
- Documenting all imports and complete monthly Intrastat return for HMRC
- Maintain and update supplier details on the company database
- Perform various expenditure reports using MS Excel
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in working in Accounts, purchase ledger experience a distinct advantage
- Strong IT skills including Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Grade C or above in GCSE/O Level Maths and English (or equivalent)
This is initially a 6 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
The hours are full time and paying up to £17,000 PA pro rata dependent upon experience.
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger
- Payment Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job