Accounts Administrator -Temporary (chance to go permanent)
What's the company?
They are the fastest growing Vape and E-liquid company in the UK. They have 3 stores and a large manufacturing business. They are considered a Start-up but last year grew by 150% and expanding rapidly. Last year they enjoyed Hypergrowth status and the business does look like slowing down. With a great culture and opportunity to develop.
What is the role?
This role is to support the business with day to day accounts administration, inclusive of all bookkeeping responsibilities. It reports to the MD (PW) and to the Accounts Lead (UP) where you will be required to support them and the wider team with accounts and other administration responsibilities.
What are the main responsibilities?
- Manage Sales and Purchase ledger, posting purchase invoices
- Issuing supplier payment - working to deadlines and ensuring all payments are made in a timely manner, with payment approval from the MD
- Management and reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards and directors loan accounts (where applicable)
- Credit Control - issue statements and chase clients accordingly
- Petty Cash - manage petty cash for our retail shops including processing receipts
- Keeping an accurate filing system, and retrieving necessary documents as and when needed (i.e. client and supplier agreements, shop lease agreements)
- Professional liaison with clients and suppliers with regards to invoicing and credit control
- Working co-operatively with the MD and Accounts Lead and maintain strong relationship with internal staff
- Provide support to the MD & Accounts Lead plus wider team with general adhoc administration, as and when required (i.e. answering the mainline switchboard and fielding phone calls, order stationary, on occasion book travel and assist with trade shows, amongst other adhoc duties)
Skills and Experience required:
- Solid bookkeeping experience
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible - willing to get stuck in and support tasks that may on occasion fall outside of the key job spec
- Proactive - anticipates needs in advance, will show initiative, drive and enthusiasm and possess a positive "cando" attitude
- Ability to deal with confidential information and be discreet at all times
- Proficient in relevant business software packages (Xero & Sage) and excellent knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
AAT qualifications (Not Essential)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"