LMA Recruitment are currently working exclusively with a well-known charity/public sector client who promote Christianity across the UK. Based in Central London, they are seeking an Accounts Assistant for a 12-month contract with possibility to go permanent.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following requisites. These key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for raising all sales invoices for various entities and ensuring that payment is received within stated terms, including monthly reconciliations of the debtor's ledgers.
- Weekly reconciliation of all bank accounts relating to various entities including fully reconciling the cashbooks each month.
- Making quarterly VAT submissions to HMRC for all of the VAT registered entities in a timely and accurate manner, including keeping all relevant documentation in order.
- Reconciling all relevant month end profit and loss accounts and balance sheet items including prepayments, accruals, VAT, trade debtors and other relevant balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and process month end journals/re classifications relating to the entities including monthly stock journals.
- Processing the petty cash including processing of the third party collections.
- Responsible for reconciling the inter company accounts for the entire company for all entities.
- Processing credit cards to ensure costs are recorded on a monthly basis and ensuring card holders have provided relevant information.
- Administering of the grants, stipends and loans on a monthly basis including preparing the relevant payment run to ensure payments are processed in timely manner.
- Where appropriate, make recommendations on process change to ensure that financial processes are continually updated and improved in line with the organisation's needs.
- To ensure that all processes are fully documented including any process improvements.
- To ensure that any requests for information from budget holders, suppliers and other, are provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- To make financial process improvement recommendations to the Financial Controller and ensure that they remain fit for purpose and maximise resources.
Strong Excel skills are absolutely critical for this position. A short Excel test will take part of the interview so pivot tables/Vlookups and general intermediate skills are highly important.
The company culture is very broad - the finance team alone consists of various ages, backgrounds and religions and have a fantastic social atmosphere and tight-knit team, so someone who is open to the working environment would also work well. You will be working in an open office, so being able to focus on your own workload whilst various people are working on different things around you is vital.
This role is paying between £25-28,000 DOE. You must be available on a maximum of 1 week's notice as interviews are taking place at the start of next week.
If you are interested in this role, please send your up to date CV
- Accounts Assistant
- Bank Reconciliations
- Cash Flow
- Sales Ledger
- Legal entities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job