Our client is an innovative insulation manufacturer with a strong focus on supporting the construction sector. Their experience and expertise is in providing cost-effective and certified solutions to the construction industry for over 30 years.
They pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service through dedicated and committed employees incorporating a strong emphasis on teamwork.
Position: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Holmewood, Chesterfield
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
As the Accounts Assistant you will assist with the day to day running of their UK office. Liaise with Managers and other staff on an ongoing basis to ensure a consistent flow of information. Deal with all tasks and duties in a professional manner as to ensure timely and accurate completion of all Accounts Administration duties.
- Ensure invoices for services are approved per corporate policy in a timely manner and correctly coded per the chart of accounts
- Investigate and resolve all non-matched invoices and goods received advices and any other issues preventing payments to suppliers in a timely manner
- Liaise with staff in the laboratory and despatch to ensure that all deliveries are properly documented and accounted for in accordance with their requirements
- Support closing process to ensure on-time closing of accounting period
- Ensure all documents relating to supplier invoices and payments are filed in a timely manner and files maintained in an orderly fashion
- Processing of staff expense and credit card expense claims
- Ensure that all cheques with remittances are scanned and lodged in a timely manner
- Continuously look at ways to develop systems to improve the performance and efficiencies of your role
- Answering, screening, and handling of phone calls
- Undertake flexible working hours including some bank holidays to meet strict head-office reporting deadlines
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Relevant experience in a similar role, with good experience in the use of MS Excel and computerised accounting systems
- Excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills
- Exchequer experience would be advantageous
You may have experience of the following: Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, AAT, Accounting Assistant, Microsoft Office, Accounts Officer, Finance, Invoicing, Reconciliation, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job