Skills: accounts, accountant, VAT, bookkeeping, HMRC, P11D, graduate, Sage Line 50, Excel,
Hours: 9:00-5:30 Monday to Friday
Our client is a firm of Chartered Accountants offering accountancy and business consultancy services to owner managed and family owned businesses. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced individual to carry out day to day personal and business tax.
What will your working week be like?
The successful candidate will be working autonomously and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- To produce information for clients or other team members in a timely and efficient manner and within the deadlines set for you by either clients, HMRC, or the Firm
- To advise your line manager of any important client issues/problems as soon as possible
- To ensure that relevant team members are advised of messages left for them as soon as possible.
- Put client information/records away when not using them to ensure confidentiality
- Your job will involve preparation of bookkeeping & VAT records for our clients, providing monthly and/or quarterly management accounts reports, liaising with clients on accounting and VAT issues, completing and submitting VAT forms where relevant.
- Keeping a log of the due dates for VAT returns and chasing the client
- Set up of VAT online for new clients with HMRC, advising clients of the business of the set up information required.
- Investigation of any matters that need further confirmation by yourself, the directors or a client.
- Preparation of information for entry on form P11D.
Who will suit this role?
The successful candidate will have ideally gained experience in a similar role.
- Excellent keyboard, IT skills, Excel, SAGE L-50 software
- Evidence of a 'self-starter’ who does not require close supervision, team player
- Ability to organise own work and ensure deadlines are met
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- GCSEs A-C (or equivalent) - Maths essential
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious whilst display common sense and flexibility in supporting the business
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: accounts, accountant, VAT, bookkeeping, HMRC, P11D, graduate, Sage Line 50, Excel.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job