- Accounts Assistant
- £25,000-£30,000 plus benefits
- West London
- Permanent role
- Luxury Fashion business
Looking to progress in your accountancy career with a fast growth Luxury Retailer?
An Accounts Assistant is required to work for a prestigious luxury fashion business based in West London, on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a fast-growth brand where you will have a direct impact on the business’ bottom line. The culture of the business is very friendly and sociable, and they are looking for someone that will fit in with this.
This is a great chance to develop your skill set and work closely with the Finance Director, who you will be reporting to. You will take sole ownership for the purchase & sales ledger function, as well as assisting with the month-end process. Duties will include:
- Taking ownership for processing up to 50 purchase ledger invoices per week
- Raising up to 150 sales invoices per week
- Preparing VAT returns
- Responsible for managing the credit control and chasing late payments
- Handling bank postings and reconciliations
- Preparing payment runs
- Assisting with payroll
- Assisting with month-end procedures including journals, accruals, prepayments
- Preparing the monthly P&L
- Liaising with HMRC
- Building strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Being the point of contact for any supplier queries
- Handling supplier statement reconciliations
- Assisting with the year end audit
- Continuous process improvement of current procedures
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience working within a finance role where they have handled the purchase and sales ledger functions. Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, ideally within the Retail industry is highly desirable and knowledge of Xero is highly advantageous. You must have strong communication skills and the role will suit a hands-on AAT studier, who will add value to the business.
This is a broad and exciting role where you will influence the entire business to hit financial goals, so would be suitable for someone with a 'can-do’ attitude, that is able to integrate themselves within a fast-paced driven business, that thrives on a challenge. In return for your hard work you will be entitled to a competitive benefits package, including flexi-hours and heavily discounted products.
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job