A prestigious Powertrain Engineering Consultancy have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join their busy Finance team based in Milton Keynes. You will be employed on a full time, permanent basis and be paid a highly competitive salary.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their existing team.
As their Accounts Assistant you will be part of a small, agile team and you will report into the Financial Controller.
Your role will be varied and will give you the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the finance department.
Some of the tasks you will be involved in as an Accounts Assistant include:
- Purchase ledger duties including posting and matching invoices to purchase orders and liaising with suppliers and buyers to resolve discrepancies
- Allocate payments to the purchase ledger
- Bank reconciliation
- Reconcile supplier accounts to monthly statements
- Raise sales invoices
- Preparation of BACS payments for supplier invoices
- Assist the Management Accountant in the preparation of management accounts
The successful Accounts Assistantwill ideally have the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Computer literate - fully familiar with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Sage 200 experience is desirable but not essential
- AAT qualified although work experience will be taken into consideration
- A friendly and flexible, team player attitude
- Able to use own initiative
- Methodical and have a high degree of accuracy
- Used to working to deadlines
- A professional telephone manner
As their Accounts Assistant and employee, you will receive ongoing personal development, outstanding training opportunities and an excellent benefits package including;
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance plan
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job