Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting on behalf of a not for profit client in Wakefield, to be responsible for the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process within the Financial Services team. You will be actively involved in providing and developing end-to-end "procure to pay" processes, ensuring that an effective and efficient procurement service is provided to all end-users. To make sure that all orders are processed correctly and assist to identify usage trends.
As the Accounts Assistant you will be required to deliver quality improvement, as well as supporting cost reduction schemes across all divisions. You will be using controls and efficiency targets (KPI's) this role is about ensuring that savings are delivered by purchasing processes, as well as reducing risk and avoiding liabilities
Key responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant
- Ensure the efficient operation of the creation, maintenance and closure of purchase and service orders and the payment of invoices, using Accounts Payable modules
- Monitor KPIs and use these to drive improvement and to identify and resolve areas of lower performance
- Oversee the accounts payable process, matching and payment
- Resolve supplier and budget holder queries
- Develop and improve the function
- Ensure catalogues are maintained
- Use performance metrics to monitor and improve the use of Catalogues and Contract Purchasing Agreements
Required skills and experience of the Accounts Assistant
- Exhibit a strong commitment to staying technically relevant, have a broad understanding of the overall business and its objectives
- Able to identify the root cause of issues and develop and implement solutions to resolve issues appropriately
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Significant experience in Accounting or Procurement
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job