An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our clients for an Accounts Assistant to join the busy Finance department at their head office in St Helens. As Accounts Assistant you will be an integral part of the accounts team, the role will be a general accounts role working closely with the Management Accountant using Sage 50, excel and Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' experience in a similar role, be willing to take on new challenges and to work as part of a team
- Purchase Ledger - Invoice processing, payments and statement reconciliations.
- Sales Ledger - Invoicing and receipts processing plus statement runs.
- Cashbook - Receipts and payment processing, bank reconciliation and cashflow forecasting.
- Reporting and input of expenses data
- Updating employee records and regular review of Timesheet reports and software
- Processing sales commission claims
- Balance Sheet control account reconciliations
- Management Accounts preparation
- Support to company management and staff on finance and administration related issues
Skills and Competencies Required
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (excel, word and outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to prioritise to meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- At least two year' working in an accounting environment
- Sage 50 experience
- Studying AAT or AAT qualified
Job Types: On-Going Temporary - Chance of perm for the right candidate
Salary: £19,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
Please attach your CV to apply.
- Accounts Assistant
- Credit Controller
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Receivables
- Sales Ledger Clerk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job