RedstoneConnect PLC are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our Finance Team in Luton, the main function of the role will be to prepare the management accounts accurately and ensure they are submitted to the Group Management Accountant by the relevant deadlines.
The sucessful candidate will have a solid understanding of double entry book-keeping and excellent Excel skills.
- Preparation of a cash availability report to be submitted to the Group Financial Director & Group Management Accountant daily.
- Reconciliation and revaluation of bank accounts at month end, including petty cash and credit card accounts.
- Managing the purchase ledger including attaining approval for all invoices received, processing all invoices through the accounts software, dealing with supplier queries and scheduling regular supplier pay-runs.
- Qualifying of all supplier balances at month end.
- Assist in the credit control process.
- Reconciliation at month end of all balance sheet accounts including intercompany matrices.
- Preparation and posting of all prepayment and accrual movement in the month.
- Preparation of P&L account each month.
- Analyse monthly expenditure to highlight abnormal expenditure
- Assist in the compilation of quarterly vat returns
Part Qualified Accountant from a recognised Accountancy body (ACA / ACCA / AAT) and / or relevant on the job experience
Solid understanding of double entry book-keeping
Good knowledge of Excel
Knowledge of Xero accounts software
Previous experience in a similar role
Methodical approach to work
Excellent presentation skills
Excellent communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships across the business
- Management Accounts
- Microsoft Excel
- Double Entry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job