Our client, based in Luton, is currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. The role will provide administrative support to the finance team, undertaking clerical tasks such as filing, making telephone calls, handling finance mail, and basic finance related tasks. The role also helps to maintain the finance department and keeping it running smoothly.
- Allocation of all payments received daily to the various invoices and supplier accounts.
- Reconciliation of debtor accounts with follow up on weekly basis on overdue accounts.
- Dealing with debtors on any queries regarding the invoices.
- Organising and maintaining accounts inbox, prioritising and escalating queries where necessary.
- Ensure accurate processing of the various expenses and invoices to other related companies.
- Deal with queries from other departments with regards to stock supplier invoices or payments.
- Ad hoc accounts duties.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good level of education, examination passes including Maths and English.
- Appropriate experiences in similar SME environment.
- Excellent attention to details.
- SAP experience.
- Solid and appropriate communication skills, written, verbal and telephone.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good organisation, planning and prioritising skills.
This role would suit a candidate looking for a role that will offer progression and development towards a career as an accountant.
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job