EslingKenny are currently recruiting on behalf of a media company in the West London area. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who enjoys an all round role with ownership and responsibility of both the sales and purchase ledgers. The position is a progressive one, the chosen candidate will work closely with the Financial Controller and very much be their right hand! The finance team is made up of 3 individuals so ideally the chosen candidate will have experience of working within a small team and a fast paced environment. They also live up to the perception of the media industry, the company as a whole are a very sociable bunch and love getting involved in team activities and drinks on a Friday!
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing company royalty reporting and management accounting, working closely with colleagues across the business including sales, acquisitions, business affairs and servicing teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Quarterly internal/external reporting of royalty statements for producers. This will include preparation of bespoke supporting schedules and actual statements to be reported to Producers - operating 2 different systems.
- All aspects of purchase ledger control, including invoice input and payment runs
- All aspects of sales ledger control, including raising and inputting invoices and cash receipt allocation
- Assistance in management accounts production including input of expenses, credit cards and full multi-currency bank and cash reconciliations
- Some other balance sheet reconciliations
- Assistance and maintenance of bespoke royalty system
- Ad Hoc tasks and reporting will also be asked of the candidate
The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge of double entry and ideally be AAT/degree qualified. Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential as well as the ability to assess and improve the quality of management information.
The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
We are also looking for the candidate to have the following attributes;
- Previous accounting experience within a TV / royalty environment preferred
- Methodical & strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, quick learner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is absolutely key
- Working knowledge of Sage Line 50 and good Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Ability to learn new systems and adapt to new processes
The role offers up to £24k per annum dependent on experience and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), study support + other benefits. The working hours are 9.30am - 6.00pm.
If you're interested in this role, click 'applynow' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note due to the high volume of applications we sometimes receive it is not always possible to contact every applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion but please continue to apply to more jobs represented by EslingKenny.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career - see our website for contact details.
EslingKenny Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job