Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant based in Bedford to support the Finance Manager in the day to day running of the finance function.
My client has a turnover of approx. 9 million and they run a very busy and complex finance function. You should have experience of working in a technical role where you not only deal with the processing part of finance but also assist with duties such as costings.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Credit Card Statement - Receipts/VAT/Code/Input into SAGE
- Expenses - Code/Input into SAGE
- Suppliers Invoices - Check/Stamp/Code/Input into SAGE/File
- Produce CIS Statements
- Haulier Invoices - Raise PO/Cross check/Input into SAGE
- Check Suppliers Statements for Payment
- Raise Invoices/Applications for Payment
- Process Credit Card Payments
- Update Stock Figures and the Office board
- Analysis 6 contracts per month
- Produce Estimating Sheets
- Check and reply to e-mails and assist with account queries.
- Assist with General Admin / Office Duties as and when required
- In Surface Dressing Season produce excel spreadsheets for the separate contracts.
- Provide holiday cover for the Accounts Department
- Credit Check
We are looking for someone who has
- 2 to 3 years in a similar role
- Recent experience of Sage 50
- Ideally a driver
You should be confident, articulate and have the ability to make this role your own.
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job