Are you a confident, organised professional with a head for figures and an eye for detail? Globe Business Media Group is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the finance team based at our offices in London’s vibrant Borough Market. The successful candidate will support the financial controller in maintaining the overall integrity of the general ledger, with a focus on the purchase ledger and some key balance-sheet accounts.
The role is flexible and could suit someone looking for part-time or full time hours.
- Maintaining the purchase ledgers.
- Processing purchase invoices and expenses.
- Credit card management and reconciliation.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with intercompany, debtors’ and creditors’ reconciliations.
- Setting up bi-weekly payment runs for approval by the financial controller.
- Processing sales orders.
- Assisting with year-end processes.
- Computing sales staff commissions.
- Assisting with ad hoc duties such as petty cash reconciliations.
- Ancillary payroll preparation tasks.
- Working or keen to work towards an accounting qualification (eg, AAT, ACCA or CIMA).
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel (progressing to use of VLOOKUP and pivot tables).
- Well versed in accountancy software (experience of Sun/Infor10 or similar systems is preferred, but not essential).
- Excellent spoken and written English, and the ability to communicate confidently with the team and senior management.
- The ability to manage a full workload with competing priorities
- Proactivity, flexibility and high energy levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private health insurance (after one year)
- Travel season ticket loan
Globe Business Media Group is a B2B business intelligence provider to legal and business clients worldwide. Through its innovation framework, Globe has developed market-leading products including digital intelligence platforms, software solutions, large-scale events and print publications. The technology it creates is cutting edge in this space. It currently has revenue over £16m and 140 staff across its offices in London and Hong Kong, but has big plans for further expansion in 2018/19.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job