Accounts Assistant opportunity
Permanent, full time hours
Up to £18k DOE
I have an opportunity to join an interesting retail business in the newly created position of Accounts Assistant. You will be joining an exceptional team of committed staff at a truly exciting time in their consolidation and growth phase. The successful individual will need to demonstrate these 3 traits: strong work ethic, versatility and excellent communication skills (both written and spoken).
You will be providing support to the finance manager carrying out transactional duties and processes, so this person needs to be comfortable acting on instructions, being agile in their response to multiple requests and willing to get stuck in to the job in hand without complaint. Because the team is small (perfectly formed and growing!) everyone needs to get involved doing things that may not necessarily be written in their initial job specification. This job sits within the accounts function and you will be providing support to the wider team.
This job will suit a motivated, conscientious individual with personality.
- Inputting invoices - sales and purchase
- Providing support to prepare payroll
- Supporting credit control - calling customers to chase overdue payment
- Supporting monthly management accounts preparation - pulling together missing information, planning and thinking ahead to help the finance manager
- Responding to customer enquiries - in a polite and professional manner
- Supporting operations function with stock related queries
- Answering the office phone if everyone else is engaged
- Working quickly, flexibly and with accuracy - you need to be happy to work in a varied, fast paced workplace
- Maintaining accurate customer records and CRM data
- Microsoft packages including Excel (basic skills required)
- Sage would be beneficial
- Hard worker
- Quick learner
- Customer service orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
If you’re ready for the challenge APPLY TODAY with your up to date CV to be considered.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter @bagnallhopkins, and take a look at our Facebook page.
- Microsoft Excel
- Multiple Priorities
- Attention to Detail
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job