Brighton, East Sussex
Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000-22,000pa (+ study support if desired)
Currently seeking a dedicated Accounts Assistant to join a reputable and well established Brighton based organisation. The role will report directly to both the Financial Controller and Finance Director and involves joining a medium sized finance team within a busy, pivotal role as this individual will be a key contact for external customers.
My client offers excellent progression opportunities, as shown by the career development of previously placed candidates there, and will also support study for those studying towards professional accounting qualifications. The finance office is a sociable, friendly environment with a focus on team work and collaboration.
Key attributes that are necessary for this role are good attention to detail, accuracy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work quickly and effectively using your own initiative. It is also necessary that candidates be confident Excel users with good spreadsheet skills.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Setting up new customers including payment schedules.
- Raising invoices.
- Ensuring invoices are paid on time and chasing where necessary.
- First contact with customers regarding invoice queries.
- Daily processing of monies received, receipts and banking.
- Issue of petty cash.
- Amending billing accounts where applicable.
- Monthly processing of direct debit collection.
- Monthly account / bank reconciliations.
- Assisting the wider finance team as required, including assisting them with their finance duties.
- Any other reasonable management request.
Please apply online or contact Georgina at Harvey John Ltd for more information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job