This is a newly created role and due to expansion in the department an Accounts Assistant position has become available. This role will report to the Head of Finance.
As an Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with all purchase invoices
- Ensuring all invoices are appropriately authorised
- Coding and posting of invoices/expenses into the purchase ledger
- Dealing with supplier queries and creating new supplier accounts
- Preparing payment runs
- Reconciling supplier accounts and keeping them up to date
- UK Sales invoices for production and international, including commissions and following through to collection.
- Posting nominal ledger journals
- Aged Debtors/Creditors reconciliations
- Collecting cash from Barclay's (incl petty cash and foreign exchange)
- Dealing with requests for petty cash and foreign exchange, including posting journals.
- Managing and coding petty cash expenditure whilst ensuring that the journal is accurate and up to date.
- Liaising with Production Accountants to ensure that production recoveries are booked monthly on the Production and the Corporate ledger
- Reconciling bank accounts including foreign currencies
- Agreeing inter-company balances
- Ensuring Financial and Internal controls are followed
- Assisting in the audit preparation
- Ensuring that filing is done on a regular basis
- Opening & handling incoming post
- Handling and responding to general finance queries
- Managing the Finance e-mail inbox and auctioning all incoming e-mail as appropriate.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- +2 years' experience working in an Accounts Assistant role.
- Good communicator
- Able to manage heavy workload & strict deadlines
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail
This role will look to pay £30,000 - 35,000 plus full study support as well as offering a competitive benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job