My client is a global E-Liquid brand available in over 60 countries worldwide, due to phenomenal growth of the brand they have an opening within their accounts department for an ambitious highly motivated accounts assistant to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with around 12 months experience to take the next step towards a career in finance/accounts.
My client is an Investors in People - GOLD and the progression opportunities are endless for the right person.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance the Accounts Assistant assists the department in all daily activities, mainly, Cashbooks/Banking & Purchase Ledger.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for all bank transactions postings onto SAGE within 4 days of the month completion, to be kept up to date and accurate throughout the month.
- To ensure all Bank Reconciliations to be done at month end within 4 days of the month completion.
- To use online banking to obtain transactions and make payments / transfers, (both UK and abroad), on a daily basis, or as and when required.
- To process all Transfer Requests between accounts, ensuring that the full process is followed, and all aspects adhered to.
- To conduct reports based on payments/receipts and correlations with stock.
- Process Purchase Invoices (Stock and Non-Stock). To be kept regularly up to date with and ensure within 8 days of month end that all suppliers have been chased for any potential missing invoices.
- Process Xyfil Delivery Notes onto SAGE as goods in - to be done the same day they are received to ensure stock systems are kept up to date.
- To be responsible for, Xyfil Statement Reconciliation monthly on the Monday following the first Friday of the month.
- Supplier Statement Reconciliations - to be chased immediately after month end and completed upon receipt.
- Assisting with Sales Ledger transactions when required such as dispatching. This instruction will always be provided by your line manager.
- Assisting with workload within stock analysis. This instruction will always be provided by your line manager.
- Any other Ad-hoc Duties set out by your line manager.
- Prior finance experience of data entry
- Computer skills (Especially Microsoft Excel)
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to Detail
- AAT Qualification - Desirable but not essential
- Finance Degree or relevant A-Levels would be advantageous but not essential
This role requires an individual to be motivated, keen on self-progression and with a good work ethic to play a part in the growth of the business.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job