£17,000 to £18,000 per annum
Our client is 'the business for business', supplying some of the UK's most commercially savvy enterprises with essential services. With high volumes of customers the length and breadth of the country, they are now a major player in the B2B arena.
Their city centre offices are currently home to around 40 passionate, hard-working and forward-thinking people. They don't believe in corporate stuffiness - they're human beings who look after each other, sharing a common vision to grow their organisation together.
As a member of the finance team you will be required and responsible for a number of finance, credit control and admin-based tasks with a customer focused approach. You will be required to ensure routine tasks are dealt with accurately and within the Company deadlines. These tasks will require that you provide excellent communication with customer but there will be the need to liaise with subcontractors and your interdepartmental
Colleagues to ensure that the cogs keep turning smoothly.
- In a timely manner and professional manner assisting customers to resolve any queries, received by telephone or emails, which can result in action required such as raising credits/invoices and requesting refunds
- At peak times give support and assistance with the credit control team to handle high volume outgoing customer calls to collect any overdue debt, ensuring adherence to key performance targets and Company procedures
- Taking and recording in the company system customer credit card payments
- Diligently checking and sending daily sales invoices to new customers utilising company software
- Daily posting and reconciliation of bank transactions to company software
- Assisting with monthly invoice run
- Assisting with weekly and monthly Direct Debit processing
- Maintaining customer and supplier accounts including reconciliation were tasked
- Maintaining external and internal interactions, on the company software, to record all communication and action taken
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
They're looking for someone who gets a kick out of making people happy, a natural flare with numbers and gets real satisfaction making the numbers balance.
Essential skills for this role, which will be assessed based on your CV and during the recruitment process, include;
- Accounting Background: experience in dealing with company finance and accounting tasks including customer/supplier ledger querying.
- Excellent Communication Skills: a confident and articulate phone manner with excellent verbal and written communication
- Time Management: strong organisational abilities and a natural multi-tasker as you’ll need to prioritise and problem-solve in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Resilience and positivity: Energy, drive and the ability to deal with challenging customers or situations in a calm, measured and professional manner.
- Attention to Detail: excellent eye for detail and the ability to follow processes accurately.
- Team Work: someone who cares about their colleagues and who will work well in a diverse team to provide the best service for our customers.
- Customer Focus: A complete commitment to providing the best possible service and experience to our customers at all times.
- Problem Solving Skills: able to identify and understand problems and solutions to those for individual customers, well as opportunities to continually improve the service we provide.
Accounts Assistant Benefits
The role comes with £17,000-£18,000 base salary dependent on experience. You'll receive full training, a chance to win performance-related prizes including cash and paid time off, 28 days holiday (incl. Bank holidays) every year, and ongoing reviews and advice to maximise your job satisfaction.
The normal working hours run Monday-Friday 9am to 5.30pm with a half hour for lunch. If you want to have a 60 minute lunch you may finish 30 minutes later. In addition paid overtime is often available, but there's no pressure to do it.
If you have a passion for customer satisfaction and are driven to develop yourself to become a world class service professional through our innovative, targeted approach, please apply now!
Accounts Assistant, Accountant, Experienced Accountant, Accounts Administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job