This newly created position, part of the Shared Services Finance function with responsibility for accurately recording and reporting of all bank payments and receipts across the multi-currency accounts for my client's group of companies. In addition, providing some support within other areas of the department including credit control.
The client is a market leading small business who are based on the outskirts of Oxford. With parking onsite but also easily accessible through public transport, this job is an exciting opportunity to join an every-growing business as they continue to grow and adapt themselves to suit the market they work in.
The Key responsibilities for the Accounts Assistant are as follows:
- Day to day monitoring of group banking transactions for all bank accounts held in multiple currencies.
- Weekly processing and recording of supplier and expenses payment runs via BACS.
- Daily processing and recording of any ad-hoc payments via internet banking.
- Managing and recording all standing order and direct debit payments.
- Daily banking and recording of cheques received.
- Preparing weekly bank reconciliations of all bank statements back to accounting software.
- Weekly cash forecasting.
- Assisting with credit control and providing cover in Credit Controller's absence.
- Assisting with VAT returns.
- Proactively and constantly seek ways in which to improve and speed up processes using technology.
- Ensure that monthly cut off for all document input, as issued by the Group Reporting Manager is strictly adhered to.
- Keep up to date procedural notes.
- Keep up to date with all filing and archiving of hardcopy banking records to meet statutory and audit requirements.
- Manage workload to meet accounting deadlines and notify line manager well in advance if there are any potential occasions where deadlines may not be met.
- Recognising the business needs ensure matters are dealt with on time, organise holidays wherever possible to avoid taking time off during critical periods
- Ensure additional hours are worked as necessary to meet pre-defined processing deadlines without additional remuneration.
- Assisting other members of the Finance team and any other duties as requested.
Skills and abilities:
- Extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced, changeable environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
On offer for the successful Accounts Assistant in a salary of circa £20,000 to £23,000 with an attractive benefits package. The company has onsite parking but is also highly accessible through public transport.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job