Your new company
Accounts Assistant Temporary Temp 1 - 2 Months £10 - £11 per hour
Your new role
* Please note that this role will require a DBS check (if not already signed up to the DBS update service)
Workloads across the Finance Office vary across the year. The efficient running of the Finance Office requires all staff to be flexible and to assist in any area as required. This post will focus on supporting the Purchase and Sales Ledgers and Cash Book Duties and responsibilities Specific
- To scan and register supplier invoices and credit notes on the College's finance system ensuring proper authorisation and coding of transactions
- Process purchase and sales invoices to the Learner Support and Apprentice Ledgers
- Assist in preparing sundry Apprentice and Purchase ledger payments by BACS and Cheque
- Process Sales ledger, Learner ledger and cash book transactions
- Maintain efficient filing of all documents electronically and physically
- To ensure that unmatched invoices, credit notes and payments are regularly reviewed and missing transactions followed up
- To assist with Sales Ledger and cash processing as required
- To assist across the Finance team and other duties as required
- To prepare standard and ad hoc reports using system facilities or Microsoft programmes
Generic Business Support Your duties may include, but will not be limited to:
- To support and contribute to the friendly and supportive ethos of the Faculty/Department, particularly in communications with learners and staff
- To maintain the highest professional standards
- To treat colleagues with dignity and respect
- To demonstrate an understanding of the significance of equality of opportunity and diversity, and implement it in all aspects of your work
- To ensure a healthy and safe working environment at all times, and take reasonable care for your own safety and that of other College users
- To comply with all approved College policies and procedures
- Ability to travel to other College sites as and when required.
The above list is not exhaustive. The responsibilities and duties may vary from time to time without changing the character of the post. You will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to ensure the efficient and effective running of departments.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Accounts Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job