Reporting the the Management Accountant you assisting with the whole of the Accountancy function, from VAT to month the end process.
My client is a global, leading building solutions company that have been massively growing, they focus strongly on development of their staff
Some of the key responsibilities of an Assistant Management Accountant include:
- Execution of manual payments via on-line banking including template set up, GBP and Euro.
- Processing employee expenses through to payment.
- Maintenance of Petty cash, through to journal posting and reconciliation.
- Weekly bank reconciliations, GBP and Euro. Including posting of journals.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register/General Ledger including monthly depreciation run, asset additions, disposals, transfers and master data maintenance.
- Raising and posting of various monthly journals which include accruals, prepayments and provisions.
- Processing of inter-company recharge invoices.
- Ensuring all necessary balance reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis.
- Monthly Intrastat and EC sales submissions.
- Quarterly VAT return preparation.
- Assisting with the completion of the monthly Management accounts pack.
- Assisting Management Accountant with sales prices.
- Production of daily reports.
- To perform any other duties that may be requested by the Management Accountant/Financial Controller.
A successful Assistant Management Accountant:
- A working knowledge of VAT, general bookkeeping and month-end is essential
- AAT (or equivalent) Qualified
- Aspiring to progress in a finance team
- Currently studying towards there CIMA/ACCA or have aspiration to
- Good all-round Management Accounts knowledge
- Proven ability of working in a similar role
- Strong Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, sum/ifs)
- Being familiar with SAP would be an advantage
On offer to a successful Assistant Management Accountant is the chance to work within a global company with there head office based in Tewkesbury.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job