Change Public Practice are working exclusively with a successful Edinburgh Chartered Accountants to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant who has worked in a practice environment to join their team ahead of one of their busiest periods.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a professional, fast-paced environment where you will gain exposure to clients in a wide range of sectors. This would suit an experienced Accounts Assistant who not only has the ability to produce accounts but is able to successfully analyse and review the figures and communicate this well to clients.
Key duties in this role will include:
· Service a varied portfolio of clients in a pro-active manner
· Updating clients accounting records
· Working closely with accounts managers to handle client queries
· Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
· Preparation of VAT Returns including partial exemption calculations
· Assisting with tax and payroll tasks
To be considered for this role:
· Part-qualified ACCA or qualified by experience within a practice setting
· Experience of preparing annual accounts is essential
· Additional experience in VAT and Payroll is necessary
· Undertake a commercial approach to all times, representing the firms brand in a professional manner
· Good IT skills including Sage or Xero experience
· Client focussed individual that is able to work on their own but as part of a wider team to meet strict deadlines
You will also be able to continue your professional qualification amongst a group of peers that will provide excellent support for you during your examinations.
This opportunity will offer a great culture and work/life balance so if you are looking to secure a position in this type of environment, please get in touch!
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job