* Overseeing a small team of bookkeepers
* AAT qualified to Level 4
Our Client is an exceptional Accountancy Practice based in the Baltic Triangle area of Liverpool City Centre. This is a new position within the team, working in support of 2 Accountants, overseeing a small team of bookkeepers, preparing sets of accounts, often from incomplete records for a varied portfolio of clients. This role will involve helping the bookkeeping team to produce the highest quality output. You must have amazing attention to detail, and ideally experience of working in an accountancy practice.
The Accounts Assistant role has been created to assist with an ever increasing workload, and carries the potential for career advancement in the future.
The position will involve working closely with and supporting the practice's accountants, preparing sets of accounts, often from incomplete records for a varied portfolio of clients. The position will also include:
* Client Bookkeeping
* VAT Returns
* Management Accounts
* Maintaining Records and preparing accounts for sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies.
* Completing bank reconciliations
* Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
* Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
* Sorting financial documents and posting them to the correct accounts
* Dealing with client queries
* Liaising with clients to ensure that all paperwork and records are received in good time
* Professional and approachable manner
* Enthusiastic team player
* Shows and takes the initiative
* Flexible in approach to work
* Works well under pressure
* Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients
* Experience across various accounting software systems
* AAT qualified, working towards ACCA or have 3 years' experience or more in another accountancy practice.
* Ability to use Microsoft applications and similar web-based tools including: Word, Excel and Outlook
The Salary & Package
Basic salary of £20,000 per annum is on offer for the right candidate, plus benefits.
There may be room for negotiation on this.
The client is looking for someone to move into the role at the earliest opportunity.
The offer for the right candidate here is a progressive role within a great company ethos and culture, offering flexibility, variety and autonomy.
If this role is of interest, then please apply now!
Courtney Recruitment recruit for all levels within the office environment from front of house through to senior management, across a wide range of sectors.
You can apply for our jobs with confidence, we are experienced recruiters, a regulated employment agency, registered with the Institute of Recruiters and the Data Protection Controller.
As we often receive a large number of applications for our vacancies, it is, at times, not always possible to reply to each and every applicant. If you have not been contacted within five working days of your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job