AJ Chambers is representing, on an exclusive basis, a well-established chartered accountancy firm in Norwich in their search to appoint an Accounts Assistant.
In this role, you will work in an experienced team, with full support from your Managers and Directors and colleagues to achieve your qualification and progress to a Senior position. Our clients will fund all courses and offers study leave and will actively encourage you to challenge your knowledge on day-to-day responsibilities.
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 (DOE and level of qualification)
Accounts Assistant - Duties:
- Prepare annual accounts for clients ranging in turnover and sector, including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
- Completing associated tax returns for businesses and individuals
- Supporting the Senior’s and Managers on the workload and supervision of Trainees
- Reviewing the bookkeeping and VAT work completed by Trainees and complete more complex tasks and queries in this area
- Handling client queries and liaising with the HMRC
- Progression to working on more complex management accounts when trained
- Attending audit fieldwork exercises and planning meetings with Managers/Partners
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary up to £28,000 (DOE)
- AAT or ACA/ACCA study support
- Performance bonuses paid at Christmas
- Flexible working hours and home working opportunities
- A fun and supportive working environment
- On-Site Parking
- Pension, life cover insurances and private medical benefits
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- 2+ years Public Practice experience
- Currently studying for ACA/ACCA qualification or looking to commence these studies after completion of the AAT.
- Ideally experienced in the use of either Sage, IRIS or Xero although system experience is not essential
For further information on this Accounts Assistant position, please apply direct or contact Scott Golding from AJ Chambers Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'