Our client a very interesting, modern and niche SME business, circa £10 million turnover is exclusively using Accountancy Focus to recruit for them an experienced Accounts Assistant.
This is a very rare an exciting opportunity to be a part of a 5 person Finance team but work very closely with the Financial Controller on a daily basis and therefore grow their career and experience within the business.
Full study support is offered as well as a career progression path.
This would suit someone toward the start of their career looking for an opportunity to learn and grow within the business.
- Maintain accurate records of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, payroll and other financial data.
- Liaise with the required departments and suppliers to resolve purchase order problems in a timely manner & validate invoices against items or services.
- To perform payroll for weekly and salaried employees.
- Have responsibility for the purchase ledger process.
- Issue invoices to customers for payment and follow up on any outstanding account balances.
- Assist with the checking of expenses and receipts to ensure they are accurately recorded and the supporting documentation is adequate.
- Process payment runs to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment.
- Assist with bank reconciliations.
- Update sage accounting/payroll system.
- Generate financial reports as requested.
Ideally this person will have a minimum of 1 - 3 years accounts/AP experience. Experience of SAGE is also very helpful but not essential.
Please apply as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job