Accounts Assistant - Northampton - £20k
Your new company
My client are a major Northampton based employer that offer development opportunities unrivalled in the area.
Your new role
This Accounts Assistant will sit within the Fixed Asset Team and work closely with the Capital Reporting Manager to manage and maintain fixed asset records for the business.
* Sense-check capital expenditure (CE) requests on a timely basis, ensuring that the approval process complies with the Group's capitalisation policy and Delegation of Authority (DOA).
* Verify invoice coding on the invoice payment system to ensure correct categorisation of the Group's assets.
* Produce asset descriptions for the monthly additions for the purpose of updating the asset register.
* Action general queries via the team mailbox.
* Produce monthly reports, to include asset registers.
* Assist in the fixed asset month end process where required. Tasks will include journal postings, updating the fixed asset register and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Produce documents and providing information to support ledger entries and asset register during audit reviews.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have a base level of experience / knowledge in Accounts, alongside strong Excel, Communication and Time Management skills.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build a career in finance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job