Keywords: bookkeeper, accounts assistant, sage, retail
My client is a thriving designer with head offices in an attractive part of South West London.
Founded nearly 30 years ago their products are now sold in store as well as at world renowned retailers such as Harrods. With 30 staff and growing, they now require an Accounts Assistant to join their team.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide accurate, professional and efficient book-keeping and accounting support.
- General Bookkeeping (accounts payable and accounts receivable).
- Reconciling bank accounts including GBP, USD and EURO accounts.
- Petty cash & credit card reconciliations.
- Liaising with suppliers and dealing with their queries
- Supplier statement reconciliation.
- Setting up bank payments and preparing payment runs.
- Assist with month end accounts preparation, VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat reporting.
- Various other reports and data entry.
- Assist the purchasing department - invoicing, stock and purchasing.
- Periodic cover to purchasing & accounts manager.
What you’ll need to show on your CV:
- Sage 50 working experience.
- Advanced excel - (vlookup, pivot tables, formulas).
- A few years bookkeeping and accounting knowledge.
- Experience in an accounts department in a company that deals with stock (i.e. retail/distirbution/manufacuring)
- Ability to multitask, highly numerate.
- Experience in dealing with international suppliers and understanding of multi currencies and exchange rates.
- Extremely organised with a fantastic attention to detail.
This is a lovely company and friendly team - it suits someone who takes pride in what they do and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done well.
Salary is ideally £27,000 - maybe more for the perfect match! Apply today.
- Accounts Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'