Accounts Assistant - 2:1 Graduate
Are you looking for a future career in accounting and finance? A growing Insurance Underwriter in the City are looking for a bright, hardworking 2016/2017 graduate to join their Syndicate Finance team. This would be an excellent opportunity for an ambitious graduate to join a progressive company within the insurance industry.
Due to an internal promotion, this newly created role will allow for a wide range of exposure to different areas of the finance and accounting functions. Study support and full training will be provided.
Duties will include:
- Monthly group bank reconciliations and underwriting reconciliations;
- Carrying out daily insurance postings;
- Assisting with preparation of financial statements, regulatory returns, and reports to the parent company;
- Preparing weekly cash-flows; and
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
Suitable applicants will have already taken the necessary steps towards qualifying as an accountant. Evidence of this on the CV could include a list of ACCA/CIMA/ACA exemptions/papers taken as well as some experience working within an accounting role.
It is essential that applicants have:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in Accounting and Finance (or related degree);
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA exemptions, or a list of completed papers;
- Strong A Levels (at least ABB);
- Evidence on CV of taking the active steps to pursue a career in accounting;
- An intermediate level of proficiency in Excel; and
- Strong communication skills as the candidate will be working within a small team.
Experience within an accounting role would be highly beneficial. Ideally, applicants will have achieved this within an insurance/reinsurance company or other large, corporate business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job