A large company with a nationwide presence and turnover of £40 million are looking to recruit a dynamic Accounts Assistant with strong experience on both sides of the ledger. A market leader in their field they are part of a larger group that is dedicated to growing the business and creating opportunities for employees to grow within the business. They are located in South Leeds on a main public transport route which makes them easily accessible from Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield,Bradford and surrounding areas.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant for to join the finance team of our client, based at their Head Office in South Leeds. You will provide support to the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Payroll function. Ensuring that supplier accounts are settled and queries resolved on a timely basis with minimum disruption to business users and providing support/cover for Payroll and Credit Control on a regular basis as required.
Reporting to the Purchase Ledger Controller and working closely with the Credit Controller and Payroll Administrator.
The main duties of the role are:
- Purchase ledger input
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Verify subcontractors with HMRC
- Processing of expense claims
- Assistance with month-end and year-end as required
- General accounts and office admin
- Other reasonable duties or attendance at meetings as required
- Preparation of weekly/monthly payroll on ad-hoc basis (primarily as cover)
- Support for Credit Control on regular basis
We are looking for a dynamic Accounts Assistant who is looking to progress their career and acquire new skills, key attributes are:
- Previous experience of a purchase ledger role, ideally within the construction industry
- Payroll and credit control experience preferable
- Confident with a 'can do' attitude
- Team player who welcomes challenges to achieve greater results
- Ability to adapt and respond well to change
- Good Excel knowledge
- Very competitive £21,000 - £23,000 salary
- Great location close to all transport links
- On site parking
- Guaranteed 12 month contract which offers security and may lead to other opportunities
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpartners.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications Brewster Partners receive we are unable to give all applicants individual feedback on each job application. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within 2 weeks of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'