Our client an established firm of Chartered Accountants are seeking an Accounts and Audit Senior to join their friendly team in their Uckfield Office.
You will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of clients as well as supervising junior members of staff.
The role will be split approximately 80% accounts and 20% audit. You will lead audit client engagements from planning through to completion and duties will include the following:-
- Research and analyse financial statements and audit-related issues
- Produce statutory accounts and draft tax computations
- Acquire a working knowledge of client businesses
- Obtain a thorough understanding of HAT methodology
- Monitor the progress of jobs to ensure that budgets are met
- Sign off audit sections, address any issues and complete files before passing on to a Manager
- Draft client letters
- Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
You will hold a professional qualification such as ACCA/ACA, as well as having a strong audit and accounts background within practice, with technical knowledge of accounting standards, auditing standards, corporation tax, VAT and P11D's.
It would also be an advantage if you have a good working knowledge of accounting programmes such as Caseware, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, Alphatax and CCH, as well as experience of HAT audit methodology.
Excellent prospects and benefits including; generous holiday package and paid holiday at Christmas, Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Contributory Pension, Free Car Parking and regular social events.
- Accounting Standards
- Auditing Standards
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'