Our client an established firm of Chartered Accountants are seeking an Accounts and Audit Semi-Senior or Senior to join their friendly team in their Uckfield Office.
The role will involve dealing with a diverse portfolio of clients and the role will be split approximately 80% accounts and 20% audit. You will also assist with audit client engagements from planning through to completion and duties will include the following:-
- Research and analyse financial statements and audit-related issues
- Produce statutory accounts and draft tax computations
- Acquire a working knowledge of client businesses
- Obtain a thorough understanding of HAT methodology
- Monitor the progress of jobs to ensure that budgets are met
- Sign off audit sections, address any issues and complete files before passing on to a Manager
- Draft client letters
- Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
You will ideally have worked in practice and have experience with dealing with audit and accounts. Study assistance will be offered for professional qualifications such as ACCA/ACA if required.
A good technical knowledge of accounting standards, auditing standards, corporation tax, VAT and P11D's would be desirable.
It would also be an advantage if you have an understanding of accounting programmes such as Caseware, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, Alphatax and CCH, as well as experience of HAT audit methodology.
Excellent prospects and benefits including; generous holiday package and paid holiday at Christmas, Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Contributory Pension, Free Car Parking and regular social events.
- Accounting Standards
- Auditing Standards
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'