Perm Accounts Analyst, Competitive Salary, Aylesbury
Your new company
A leading manufacturing business based in Aylesbury are currently recruiting for a permanent Accounts Analyst.
Your new role
Essential job duties:
- Assist with the purchase ledger.
- Assist with the sales ledger.
- Support the Finance & Reporting Manager with month end and other periodical reporting.
- Assist the Management Accountant with managing standard costing system and other ad hoc tasks.
- Assist with preparation of sales revenue forecasts.
- Maintain sales and bookings analysis, daily / monthly
Other tasks involved:
- Process purchase ledger transactions and employee expense claims.
- Make supplier payments using electronic banking platform.
- Reconcile supplier statements to ledger accounts.
- Assist with general maintenance and management of purchase ledger.
- Post sales ledger cash receipts in the absence of colleague.
- Assist with general maintenance and management of sales ledger in the absence.
- Prepare and distribute bookings, billings and backlog reports.
- Reconcile foreign petty cash.
- Analysis of selected general ledger accounts.
- Preparation and posting of general ledger journals.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT and EC sales returns.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts.
- Physical inventory checks as and when required.
- R & D project costs reporting.
- Assist with updating and maintaining costing data.
- Obtain and consolidate sales revenue forecasts from overseas global offices.
- Liaise with local management to validate consolidated sales revenue forecasts.
- Provide detailed analysis of actual and forecast sales revenue by product as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need:
- Good standard of general education.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- AAT qualified or equivalent.
- Studying for professional accounting qualification (eg CIMA, ACCA, etc).
- Working in a finance department.
- Manufacturing background.
- SAP experience.
Other essential skills needed:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook to an intermediate level.
- Ability to understand financial rules and procedures.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and the ability to make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary (enquire for more information), plus:
- Pension after completion of probationary period (4% minimum employee contribution, 6% employer contribution)
- Healthcare after completion of probationary period
- Working hours - 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job