This is a busy and varied role which will suit a confident self-starter with a strong eye for detail and good work ethic. An SME environment you will be flexible and keen to assist where required in all areas.
Core duties will include:
- Update activity in all bank accounts on a daily basis within accounting system.
- Process cheque payments received from Customers
- Process invoices received to the Purchase Ledger
- Process card payments by telephone
- Ensuring customer accounts are up-to-date prior to monthly reports
- Completion of all bank account reconciliations.
- Print off reports for each account & pass to the accountant
- Ensure the petty cash is kept up-to-date & any discrepancies notified to the Office Manager.
- Carry out regular reporting of the Purchase Ledger to ensure that supplier payments are made in a timely manner, liaising with the Managing Director to obtain authorisation of payments due
- Carry out regular Aged Debtor reporting, chasing up overdue payments by telephone and liaising with the Office Manager to inform of any unrecoverable/delayed payments due
Additional duties as and when required:
- Assist with answering telephone calls, passing to the Service Team or Product Specialists if unable to deal with
- Updating CRM with any orders or queries as necessary, passing leads to Product Specialists if unavailable to assist with telephone queries
- Assist the Office Manager with expenses processing as required
- Checking UK Mail and Parcelforce deliveries are made within the recommended timescale - processing claims for credit where not compliant
- Assisting the Accountant with Intrastat and EC Sales reporting
- Assisting with regular daybook (sales & purchase) entry checks ahead of month end processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'