We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated, numerate and well-organised accounts administrator, responsible for processing invoices and expenses received for payment, managing sales ledger, following up debtors, and advising on the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. He or she may occasionally be called upon to assist with other office administration tasks. Applicants should be AAT qualified.
Tasks can include the following:
- Processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures,
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data,
- Preparing bank deposit slips,
- Reconciling the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for, properly posted (to correct expense/product item) and comparing system reports to balances,
- Verifying supplier accounts, resolving discrepancies and reconciling purchase ledger recorded information with supplier statements and information,
- Generating financial statements and reports detailing accounts payable status,
- Maintaining records by correctly storing e-invoices and scanning and filing hard copy documents,
- Keeping up to date with all petty cash recorded information and reconciliation of petty cash,
- Updating their job knowledge, by participating in educational opportunities, both supported by the company and self-taught.
Core competencies include the following:
- Experience working in accounts role for small companies,
- A solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles,
- Well organised, high accuracy and attention to detail,
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records,
- Data entry and word-processing skills,
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software,
- Proficiency in English, Maths, Excel and Word.
Desired additional experience
- Knowledge and experience of accounting packages such as Xero.
- Debt collection experience, including ways to approach debtors.
- Preparing periodical financial management reports.
Candidates are encouraged to apply if they feel they can fulfil most of the requirements, even if they have limited experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"