Accounts Administrator - with and without freight experience
Vacancy Ref: 00069190
This is an exciting opportunity for an accounts administrator to join a leading freight forwarder based in Birmingham. My client is looking for two experienced Accounts Administrators, one of which will have freight forwarding experience.
This company are doing extremely well and have a large growing presence in the freight forwarding industry.
The company offer great progression and you will be part of a valued team.
Salary: £20K - £28K
Hours: 09:00 - 17:30
They are looking for an accounts administrator who can do the following;
- Passing Purchase Invoice for payment.
- Daily banking & logging of funds received and applying funds to relevant accounts.
- Reconciling supplier's statements.
- Rejection of supplier invoices as required.
- Preparing and paying purchase invoices for payment on open accounts or BACS.
- Raising auto cheques for CAD Payments etc.
- Opening of new suppliers and traders.
- Maintaining all relevant and applicable sales & purchases ledgers & cash books.
- Maintaining month end sales, purchases and cashbooks.
- Checking and processing of bulk invoices as required
- Maintaining high risk schedule.
- Transfer of funds between different divisions of the company and any related internal invoicing
You also will need experience in the following;
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience in the adoption and practice of specific company financial policies and procedures.
- Background in a similar size company - c.£100m turnover, 150+ customers and multi-currency.
- A clear understanding of making payments in different currencies including US Dollars/GB Pounds Sterling/Euros.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
- air freight
- ocean freight
- sea freight
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job