You will be responsible for the accounts function of this small building company based in Croydon with turnover around £2.5m. To ensure accurate financial records are kept and maintained to meet financial reporting and tax requirements using XERO Software. Ideally you should have experience of producing basic management accounts on XERO and also knowledge of CIS and payroll although on the job training can be provided. This is a hands-on role for this small-medium sized business. We are looking for an energetic, well organised person who can work to strict deadlines and has good attention to detail. You will be part of a small friendly team in this family run business working closely and supported by the company accountant.
The role is 3 days per week, Wednesday to Friday 9-5pm or 5 days per week 9am to 1pm.
Ideal candidate should have minimum 18 months relevant experience.
Key responsibilities are summarised below:
- Posting sales and purchase invoices using XERO
- Code invoices when they arrive in the post
- Bank reconciliations - weekly/monthly using XERO
- Produce basic management accounts using XERO
- Internet Banking
- Preparing/reconciliation VAT and quarterly VAT returns
- Monthly CIS return to HMRC
- Preparing customer payment requests in accordance with project payment schedules and issuing receipts
- Preparing job costing reports
- Monitoring all payments and liaising regularly with the Managing Director regarding company finances, including VAT and tax provisions
- Making payments and liaising with MD
- Administering monthly payroll including approved overtime, holiday /absences
- General accounts administration/filing
- Petty Cash administration
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements
- To prepare monthly profit & loss reports and share information with Directors
- Manager of Toolkit resource, managing holiday/sick pay
- Managing payroll
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job