Accounts Supervisor Sheffield £19,000 to £20,000 plus benefits
CRA Financial are delighted to be working with this well-established medium sized SME in Sheffield. Operating in the construction sector, they have had a proven track record of growth year on year and this looks set to continue. Due to business growth, the organisation is looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Supervisor to join the accounts department. Extensive on the job training will be given however it is expected that you will already have experience of working in an accounts supervisory role and have excellent skills and knowledge of Sage line 50 and excel. Working in a key role in this busy accounts department you will be responsible for :
- Undertake all aspects of purchase ledger administration from invoice processing to payment runs;
- Undertake all aspects of sales ledger administration;
- Managing sub-contractors including invoices reconciliation, payment processing and non-compliance queries; effectively resolve errors and issues, escalating problems to the Accounts Manager as appropriate;
- Undertake bank reconciliations including maintaining cash book;
- Reconcile invoices to purchase orders and supplier statements;
- Input finance information onto the company's bespoke software;
- Communicate daily with engineers to clarify time and material queries as well as van stock usage.
- Manage and reconcile company petty cash;
- Process, administer and reconcile personal expenses;
- Administer and reconcile company credit card accounts on a monthly basis;
- Provide cover for departmental colleagues as required;
- Assist in any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the department.
- Coach and manage junior members of staff and act as the first point of contact on general accounts queries
- Assist the accounts manager to meet deadlines and targts
- Supervising others in designated daily/weekly.monthly tasks including management of sub contractors,payment processing and non compliance queries.
This is an excellent role for an individual with strong accounts experience ideally within a fast moving environment. You should have some experience in supervising a team but individuals who mentor people and are looking for that next step will be considered. Strong communication skills and a proactive approach are ideal. Individuals should also ideally be AAT qualified of close to qualifying.
- "accounts supervisor"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job